The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) was established in the year 2012, under the School of Technology, NEHU, Shillong funded by MHRD, Government of India, with the specific purpose to promote studies in new emerging areas of medical sciences employing advancements in technology for the benefit of masses. The Department of the University intends to provide education to young minds for the achievement of better health care solutions with emphasis on learning new techniques, develop innovative ideas through learning, skill development, Research and Development (R&D) and Industry-Institution interaction in the field.
Over the years, the Department has been able to develop one of the best infrastructure facilities for its various teaching and research program. The department is having spacious lecture halls, tutorial rooms and specialized laboratories to provide requisite environment for overall growth and development of students. The lecture halls are equipped with audio visual, e-learning and internet facilities to impart quality teaching to the students. The Department is well connected with high speed internet facilities through the University’s centralized VSAT network.
Dr. Sudip Paul is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Technology, North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong, India since June 2012. He completed his B.Tech and M.Tech degree in Biomedical Engineering. Also he received his Ph.D degree from Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi with specialization in Electrophysiology and brain signal analysis. He has also presented his research accomplishments in USA, Greece, France and South Africa. He has many credentials in his credit out of which his First Prize in Sushruta Innovation Award 2011 sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and also he also organized many workshops and conferences out of which most significant are the 29th Annual meeting of the Society for Neurochemistry, India and IRBO/APRC Associate School 2017. He selected as Post Doc Fellow under Biotechnology Overseas Associateship for the Scientists working in North Eastern States of India: 2017-18 supported by Department of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Dr. Sudip published more than 70 International journal and conference papers and also filled one patent. Recently he wrote a book on “Introduction to Rat Brain EEG Signal and its Significance” published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany.
Ms. Angana Saikia
- M.Tech in Bio-electronics from Tezpur University in 2014
- B.E Applied Electronics and Instrumentation from Guwahati University in 2011
Mr. Vinay Kumar Pandey
- M.Tech in VLSI from North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology. in 2016
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Gautam Buddha Technical University (Formally known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University) in 2012
Mr. Vinayak Majhi
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering from University of Calcutta in 2013
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering from W.B.U.T. (Formally known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology) in 2011
- Electrophysiological signal analysis (Some of the technique to be used during signal processing is Power Spectral Analysis, Fast Fourier Transform and Wavelet Transform, Lyapunov Exponent, Correlation Dimension, Neural network).
- Cognitive Neuroscience- Stroke and its significance.
- Parkinson’s disease is to correlate the Electroencephalogram and Electromyogram in Parkinson’s disease patients. It will be a true scientific validation tool to justify the clinical and mathematical correlation between two of the Biophysical parameters.
- Speech and Motor ability is to stimulate the brain’s nervous system in the field of neural systems that improve Speech and cognition using a variety of methods, physical therapy, eye-tracking, motion-capture and psychotherapeutic activities.
- Detection of Neuronal Disorders Using Novel Approach of Ayurvedic System.
- Bioinstrumentation- ECG/EEG/EMG amplifier design.
- Electronic circuit design and simulation through MATLAB.
- Medical Image Processing.